Sunday, March 24, 2013

The point of this thing

I live in Hong Kong and like eating good food, especially with friends and family. Like most working professionals in this city who aren't married, I eat out. A lot. Sadly, like many other expats I often find myself going to the same mediocre and over-priced places in Central (where I work), which is kind of annoying (ok-I'm lying, it's really annoying).

I'm setting up this blog as a sort of resource for anyone who finds a place in this great city that has great grub and just isn't covered much (or at all) in the myriad of expat food blogs and publications. That being said, this blog is by no means an effort to replace openrice (http://www.openrice.com) which is a treasure trove of information and I would say, the "go-to" food directory/review site in HK.

The other goal is to keep it short and sweet. 1-2 paragraphs (I can't say my palette is great or that I'm some sort of expert), 1-2 photos as well as the place's address and phone number. Hopefully the bias is towards places that are not in Central and uber high profile (ie. well covered the folks at chopstixfix/dimsum diaries etc), or very new (ie. within a week or two). 

There are far too many solid places to eat in this town that don't get enough recognition (ie. people including myself often overlook them when we're thinking "what should I eat today?") for what they are, and I'm sick of complaining. So here we go...

Any submissions/ideas are more than welcome (I won't take credit for it)!


No comments:

Post a Comment