Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Special Meals on Airlines

As most probably haven't noticed, I haven't posted in a while since I've been traveling a lot and its, well, tough to write about places in Hong Kong when one's not there.

Like many others I know, I fly a fair bit. And like most folks I know, I too, dread airline meals or skip them. I booked a flight a while back and when prompted to see if I wanted to request a special meal (Vegetarian, Kosher etc), I figured, "why not have a little fun?"

Looking at Cathay Pacific's website (and this is not meant to be an advertisement - I just happen to fly them a lot), they offer 20 special meals ranging from "Bland" meal to "Vegetarian Oriental" meal - with a bunch of choices in between that I have never heard of/thought of or can't really explain.

I plan to try every one of Cathay Pacific/Dragonair's special meals in the coming months/years. I will use as similar format as with restaurants. Keep posts brief, with 1-2 photos. I will also include the flight number, month/year of travel, meal (ie. breakfast, lunch or dinner). Unless otherwise mentioned, all meals are in economy class, and I drink water with all of my meals.

I hope folks enjoy this. As with restaurants, if anyone else has any experiences with special meals on airlines, please do feel free to send them over and I will be happy post them with due credit given


No comments:

Post a Comment